What do you know about Helsinki?
It’s the Finland’s capital!
Great, that’s good start.
Here are some more facts about Helsinki!
Fun Facts about Helsinki
1. Helsinki was Founded in 1550
Helsinki was founded in 1550 as a trading post.
2. Helsinki is a Seaside City
Located on the shore of the Gulf of Finland, Helsinki is a real seaside city. Helsinki has a shoreline of 131 km and there are 327 islands in Helsinki.
3. Helsinki is the Biggest City in Finland
4. Helsinki became the Capital in 1812
Helsinki became the capital of Finland in 1812. Before Helsinki, Finland’s capital was Turku.
5. Helsinki is the Second Northernmost Capital in the World
After Iceland’s capital of Reykjavik, Helsinki is the second northernmost capital in the world.
6. the World’s Northernmost Metro is in Helsinki
Helsinki Metro, opened in 1982, is the northernmost underground railway network in the world.
7. Helsinki hosted the Olympic Games in 1952
Helsinki has hosted the Olympic Games once. The summer Olympic Games were arranged in Helsinki 1952.
8. Helsinki Day is celebrated in June
Helsinki Day is celebrated on June 12th.
9. Linnanmäki is the most Attraction in Helsinki
The most popular tourist attraction in Helsinki is the Linnanmäki amusement park with about million visitors a year.
10. Lux Helsinki Illuminates the Dark Winter