It is a hot summer day in Finland, and you would like to have something cold to drink. In Finland, most speak English as their second language, so if you are in a bar or restaurant, you can order a drink in English. But if you would like to know how locals do it, here is how to order a drink in Finnish!
How to Order a Drink in Finnish?
- I would like to order a drink, please
= Haluaisin tilata juoman, kiitos
- What would you like to drink?
= Mitä haluaisitte juoda?
- Could I have something cold to drink, please?
= Voinko saada jotain kylmää juotavaa, kiitos?
- Could I have a glass of water, please
= Voisinko saada lasin vettä, kiitos
- Could I have some ice with the drink?
= Voinko saada juoman jäillä?
- Would you like some ice with your drink?
= Haluatteko juoman jäillä?
- Yes, please
- No, thanks
= Ei, kiitos
- Here you are!
= Olkaa hyvä!
- Thank you!