What Midsummer is called in Finnish?
In Finland Midsummer celebration is known as juhannus.
Midsummer is very important to Finns. To get started with celebrations, here are 10 Finnish words related to Midsummer in Finland and Finnish Midsummer traditions.
10 Finnish Words Related to Midsummer
- Midsummer traditions = Juhannusperinteet
- Midsummer Eve = Juhannusaatto
- Midsummer Day = Juhannuspäivä
- Midsummer Pole = Juhannussalko
- Midsummer bonfire = Juhannuskokko
- Midsummer party = Juhannusjuhlat
- Midsummer festival = Juhannusfestarit
- Midsummer spell = Juhannustaika
- Midnight sun = Keskiyön aurinko
- Happy Midsummer! = Hyvää juhannusta!